New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is an NGO that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint an Evaluation and Quality Assurance Manager, based in Sandton, Johannesburg.
Through the evaluation function the manager will be responsible for generating evidence for continuous programme improvement as well as position loveLife as an expert in youth development and as a learning organisation. Through the quality management function the candidate will strengthen existing systems to ensure uniform programme quality and customer satisfaction as well as drive quality improvement processes. To achieve this the candidate will manage loveLife’s Evaluation and Quality Assurance Unit. This unit is hosted in the Programme Measurement and Design Department.
The person will report to the Executive Manager Programme Measurement and Design.
Design and management of all evaluation projects. This includes:
- the development of evaluation designs and tools
- completing ethics applications
- coordinating field work supported by the Evaluation Officer
- overseeing data capturing done by the Data Capturer (if applicable)
- systematization and interpretation of data sets
- Advice regional offices and programme managers on the development of evaluation tools and give support to the development and implementation of these tools;
- Drive internal capacity building processes around evaluation and results orientation;
- Share learnings emerging from the evaluations with the loveLife team and external stakeholders and ensure that generated learnings are used for further programme design and redesign;
- Review and management of loveLife’s quality management processes to assess the quality of programme implementation in the organisation and drive processes to improve quality. Quality assessment tools exist and a participatory quality improvement process has been launched in 2012;
- Design and manage participant satisfaction surveys;
- Integrate quality management indicators into loveLife’s performance management system.
- Master’s degree in social science, public health or a related field;
- Degree which included instruction on evaluation and quality management will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge in terms of HIV/AIDS in South Africa, especially as it affects the youth. Work experience in the area of HIV/AIDS or health is an added advantage;
- Experience in study and tool design;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Experiences in team leading or facilitation of team processes and capacity building will be an added advantage;
- Attention to detail and excellent problem solving ability;
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills;
- Valid driver’s licence and a willingness to travel occasionally.
Total remuneration package: R300 000 per annum, cost to company.
To apply, submit a summarised CV (no certificates) to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.