New loveLife Trust: Director - Media and Communications
The New loveLife Trust
loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint a Director - Media and Communications, based in Johannesburg.
The person will create and implement a multimedia communications campaign targeting teenagers and their parents, as well as internal and external loveLife stakeholders.
- Lead the design, development, review and on-going evolution of the loveLife campaign;
- Develop loveLife’s core media strategy informed by the evidence we have on what works for HIV prevention and youth leadership development, as well as the latest media and marketing trends;
- Design application and manage activation of the strategy across all of loveLIfe’s media platforms (TV, radio, outdoor, print, digital, and community) as well as on external media platforms;
- Devise and manage an annual campaign management calendar with plan, act, reflect cycles which includes quarterly focus group research to ensure optimal campaign impact;
- Lead the production of content on a variety of platforms;
- Manage the “media content hub” in order to optimise quantity and quality of content produced;
- Promote cross-platform synergy (integration and convergence) in content and design across all platforms;
- Ensure optimal impact, reach, and engagement across all platforms;
- Leverage owned space and content, and optimise loveLife’s media spend, in order to maximise impact, reach, and engagement across all platforms;
- Sustain and build relationships with external media to achieve internal and external communications objectives;
- Represent loveLife in mainstream media, at public functions and media interviews;
- Manage media and related content platform partnerships, including revenue generation, media buying, and content sharing partnerships;
- Develop and manage a partnership strategy that ensures optimal visibility for loveLife campaign content and optimal return on investment with social impact;
- Develop and implement revenue-generating projects that leverage loveLife content, collaterals, and channels;
- Lead the measurement of all media and communications products;
- Design and manage the monitoring and evaluation systems for loveLife’s media and communications offerings;
- Manage media monitoring systems and lead analysis and reporting of impact, reach and engagement of campaign;
- Ensure donor reporting commitments are timeously accomplished;
- Effectively administer the media and communications department;
- Manage staff of approximately 18, with 4 direct reports;
- Develop and manage overall media budget;
- Oversee management of all media campaign related projects for loveLife.
- Postgraduate degree in media or Communication and/or social science and at least eight years media-related experience;
- In depth insight into HIV and issues affecting youth in South Africa;
- Understanding of youth marketing and youth culture and social and behaviour change communication media production;
- Sound theoretical knowledge of social and behaviour change communication, and communication for development;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and innovation skills;
- Strategic thinking, application and management;
- Media research, monitoring and evaluation;
- Programme management and marketing experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Financial management skills;
- Leadership and problem solving skills;
- Experience managing a large team;
- Ability to interact with people at all levels;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV (no certificates) and motivation letter with ‘Director - Media and Communications‘ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw advertisements at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback within six weeks from the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about loveLife, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.