NEPAD Business Foundation: Marketing and Events Assistant
NEPAD Business Foundation
The NEPAD Business Foundation (NBF) is a nonprofit company promoting sustainable economic development in Africa through the private sector. The NBF is a ‘Chamber of Business for Development’, connecting the public and private sectors and development agencies, and implementing innovative and sustainable projects in partnership with each other. In supporting African economic development and growth, NBF’s key focus areas mirror the NEPAD Planning and Coordination Agency’s (NEPAD Agency) development themes of agriculture and food security; climate change and natural resources management; economic and corporate governance; human development and capacity building; and regional integration and infrastructure.
NEPAD Business Foundation seeks to appoint a Marketing and Events Assistant, based in Rivonia, Sandton.
Reporting to the Head of Stakeholder Relations, this position will assist with the preparation for and running of events and, support branding initiatives.
- Assist with all aspects of administration and logistical support for external events (venue sourcing, catering, pre and post administration, coordinate RSVPs and registration, prepare information packs, book IT equipment/furniture, and progress reports for each event);
- Assist with marketing research;
- Assist with content update for the website;
- Maintain and ensure that registration desk is manned at all times, kept clean and stocked appropriately;
- Assistance and maintenance of the brands' social media : Facebook, Twitter;
- Database update;
- Archive event projects and press clippings;
- Minute taking at events for internal and stakeholder sharing purposes;
- General administrative support;
- Any other duties as directed by the Management.
- Qualification in Marketing, communications, PR or journalism;
- Minimum of two years of related experience;
- Familiarity with the Internet, social media, online editing and online marketing;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Organisational skills;
- Understanding of new technologies and application to marketing principles;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, customer management system, online web editing and social networks.
- Self-starter and energetic;
- Team orientation – working in an integrated team environment;
- Resilience – maintaining composure and dealing effectively with stress;
- Flexible and adaptable – changing opinions or behaviour in the light of changing situations;
- Attention to details, very organised and systematic;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks;
- Willingness to work long hours from time to time;
- Present a neat, professional appearance at all times;
- Own car and hold driver’s license is essential;
- Operate with integrity (high ethics);
- Passion about the development of Africa for the benefit of the African people and the prosperity of the African continent.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
For more about the NEPAD Business Foundation, refer to www.nepadbusinessfoundation.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.