Nelson Mandela Children's Fund: Finance Manager Programmes
Thursday, September 6, 2012 - 15:48
Nelson Mandela Children's Fund
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, September 21, 2012
NMCF seeks to appoint a knowledgeable, detailed and motivated individual to take up a challenging and exciting position of Finance Manager Programmes (FMP), based in Johannesburg with some travelling to all nine provinces of South Africa.
The person will provide guidance on budgets preparations, maintain and evaluate records of programmes financial transactions in accordance with the Fund’s strategy.
The incumbent will report to the Finance Director.
Programme and project management
- Assist in the preparation of annual programme and project budgets;
- Prepare cash flow statements for programme funding;
- Ensure that all budgets submitted to donors are prepared in line with the activities to be undertaken and take into account the appropriate overhead recovery;
- Ensure that all donor files are kept updated;
- Coordinate the timely submission of donor reports;
- Ensure that all relevant supporting documents for project and programme expenditure are maintained;
- Coordinate the accounting for transfers from donors (including overhead recovery);
- Perform bank reconciliations for all designated donor bank accounts;
- Ensure that unutilised funds correspond to the funds in the bank accounts;
- Professionally manage stakeholder relationships;
- Ensure project compliance in line with the Fund’s grant agreement;
- Provide capacity building instruction to primary partners.
- Prepare annual and five year strategy budgets that are in line with strategic objectives;
- Prepare quarterly internal cash-flow statements for project and donor funds disbursements to management;
- Ensure that all donor income and expenditure are managed in terms of contractual requirements;
- Perform reconciliation statements between the general ledger (GL) and project tracking system (PTS);
- Facilitate donor related audits;
- Facilitate the Fund’s fiscal audit with regard to donor related funds.
- Provide guidance, advice and service to the primary programmes partners;
- Coordinate donor reporting and reports from grantees for programmes team;
- Provide financial information, advice and reports for senior management;
- Share information on programme and project budgets and expenditure with the Finance and Administration Manager;
- Tracing receipt of donations from the bank.
- B.Com degree or equivalent qualifications in financial and accounting field;
- Minimum of three years experience in project financial management in an NPO environment;
- Understanding of quality management systems;
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes;
- A sound knowledge of financial best practices;
- Accountability and good stakeholder management;
- Excellent verbal, written and IT communication capabilities;
- Knowledge of accounting and project management software;
- Ability to mentor and facilitate training on financial policies and procedure.
- Strong analytical capabilities, yet open to be challenged and influenced;
- Strong governance aptitude featuring rigorous adherence to business rules, integrity and discipline (performance management, corrective action, and administrative excellence);
- Energetic, hands-on person with enthusiastic “can do” attitude to life and work;
- Accomplished negotiator and networker who is capable of managing the diverse internal and external as well as social relationships that characterise the position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
In the event you do not hear from the Fund within a period of 15 days after the closing date for applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund, refer to www.nmcf.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.