Ndlovu Care Group
Ndlovu Care Group is a South African non-governmental organisation based in a rural environment, Elandsdoorn, Limpopo Province which provides comprehensive integrated health / community development services.
Ndlovu Care Group seeks to appoint a Audiologist / Speech Therapist, based in Elandsdoorn, Limpopo.
The successful candidate will provide and coordinate comprehensive audiology and aural rehabilitation services within a community-based setting.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive screening and diagnostic audiological services including:
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle practices that may help prevent hearing and communication problems;
- Prevention activities related to hearing, auditory function and communication disorders by designing, implementing and coordinating clinic, school and community hearing conservation and identification programmes;
- Provide diagnostic audiology services (including teleaudiology);
- Habitation /rehabilitation (e.g. hearing aids, aural rehabilitation) in individual and group settings;
- Establish and maintain basic speech, language therapy services (promotion, prevention, identification, aural rehabilitation). Maintain accurate patient records;
- Supervision and management of support personnel;
- Student supervision;
- Research: Design and conduct basic and applied audiological research to increase the knowledge base.
- Qualification as Audiologist and Speech-Language Therapist from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Dual registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as Audiologist and Speech-Language Therapist;
- Minimum of 5-years’ relevant experience as Audiologist/Speech-Language Therapist;
- Valid Code B driver’s licence;
- Knowledge of and experience in community-based audiology/speech-language will be an advantage;
- Interest in research and community development;
- Dynamic, dedicated, self-driven and able to take initiative;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Results orientated and flexible;
- Good administrative skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Facilitation and training skills;
- Computer literate.
To apply, submit a CV, copies of ID document, qualifications and proof of HPCSA registration to Maxine Luck, HR Manager, fax 086 601 4426 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Submission of a CV does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview and if you have not had a response from us within seven days of the closing date, then you can deem your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Ndlovu Care Group, refer to www.ndlovucaregroup.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.