Ndifuna Ukwazi (NU)
Ndifuna Ukwazi (NU) is a Cape Town-based NGO that promotes understanding, engagement and collaboration on social justice issues in order to foster active citizenship and leadership in South Africa. A central activity of NU is providing legal and research support to partner social justice organisations. This is done with the goal of improving the living conditions of poor and vulnerable people, as well as to achieve social justice and the safeguarding of human rights in South Africa and elsewhere.
Currently Ndifuna Ukwazi offers a range of courses to activists such as meeting and leadership skills; English speaking for confidence; struggle history; community police forum and local government budget training.
NU seeks to appoint an experienced Facilitator/Teacher and Materials Developer, preferably fluent in isiXhosa, based in Cape Town.
- Plan and facilitate interactive workshops and short courses for groups at different levels of formal education, confidence, activist experience and English (e.g. young activists or parents' groups);
- Write/develop interactive teaching and learning materials for/from such training on a range of content that would support activists' education and movement building;
- Ideally this would be a full-time position but this could be flexible for the right person; salary commensurate with experience. This would initially be a one-year contract, with the possibility of renewal.
- Preferably a person in mid-career;
- Minimum of five years teaching/training experience;
- Experience working with or in community based organisations;
- English speaking and writing (fluency is required);
- isiXhosa speaking (will be preferred);
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent;
- Commitment to social justice;
- Ability to work independently;
- Innovative and flexible;
- Ability to work to deadlines.
To apply, submit a CV and examples of/or links to teaching and learning materials (print or multi-media) that you have developed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Ndifuna Ukwazi, refer to http://nu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.