Networking HIV/AIDS Community of South Africa (NACOSA)
Networking HIV/AIDS Community of South Africa (NACOSA), is a dynamic non-governmental organisation (NGO) in the HIV/AIDS field.
NACOSA seeks to appoint a Key Populations Manager, based at its Century City offices in Western Cape.
Reporting to the Programme Director, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for coordinating and supporting the Key Populations Programme consisting of the following: Men having Sex with Men/Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Intersex (MSM/LGBTI) Higher Education Institution (HEI) Programme; Sex Work Programme, Gender-Based Violence Programme. The incumbent will be expected to engage all relevant role-players and target beneficiaries in the process of program implementation in order to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the services.
- Work closely with the Programme Specialists to support the programme implementation in line with overall strategy;
- Monitor all programmes in order to respond fully to timely and accurate donor reporting requirements;
- Conduct frequent and planned support and monitoring visits to Sub-Recipients;
- Maintain the relationship of programmes and liaise with all stakeholders;
- Represent the program office at provincial level, national coordination meetings and other relevant district-level meetings pertaining to the various programmes;
- Develop Policy/Position Papers on key populations and oversee position papers of MSM, Sex Work and GBV programmes as necessary;
- Compile, share and disseminate lessons learned, promising practices and challenges.
- Postgraduate degree in the Social Science field, Public Health or equivalent or related field;
- Project Management qualification;
- Minimum of five years experience working in the key populations sectors;
- Experience in supporting and working in South Africa public health programs;
- Proven experience in the performance monitoring of grants;
- Knowledge of the National Key Populations Guidelines;
- Highly-motivated, self-managed and strategically-orientated;
- High level of commitment to achieving program goals and objectives;
- Flexibility to travel extensively;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to make appropriate and timely decisions.
To apply, submit a concise CV, motivational letter, copies of highest qualifications, driver’s licence and NACOSA application form to Verna Appollis at email@example.com or fax to: 086 724 6582.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Full job description is available on the organisation’s website: www.nacosa.org.za (under the news section).
Only candidates meeting the above minimum requirements should apply.
For more about the Networking HIV/AIDS Community of South Africa, refer to www.nacosa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.