NACOSA: Finance Officer / Bookkeeper - Pietermaritzburg
NACOSA seeks to appoint Finance Officer/Bookkeeper, based in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal.
The purpose of the position is to provide NACOSA’s sub-recipient organisations with financial systems development support, mentoring and monitoring and to ensure financial systems adherence in the provincial office.
- Grade 12 and a tertiary qualification in finance and administration;
- Minimum of three years working experience in a financial administrative position;
- Bookkeeping function up to trial balance;
- Preparation and posting of journal entries;
- Preparation and review of payment reconciliations;
- Preparation of cash books;
- Ability to inspect organisations’ payroll processing and submissions to SARS;
- Upkeep of fixed asset register;
- Capturing monthly bank accounts and reconciling bank statements;
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports on financial information;
- Experience in mentoring and training of organisations;
- Excellent computer skills with financial package, Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail;
- Communication skills: ability to read, write, and speak two official South African languages, isiZulu and English;
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle;
- Availability to travel in province is essential.
To apply, submit a CV, copy of driver’s licence, copy of qualification, a completed NACOSA application form and motivation letter to Verna Appollis at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 724 6582. Application forms are available on our web site at www.nacosa.org.za or email HR for further details.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Networking HIV/AIDS Community of South Africa, refer to www.nacosa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.