The Networking HIV/AIDS Community of South Africa (NACOSA) is a nonprofit organisation that seeks to reduce the impact of HIV, AIDS and TB through building capacity, networking and strengthening the multi-sectorial response to HIV, AIDS and TB in Southern Africa.
NACOSA seeks to appoint a Finance Officer/Bookkeeper, based in Kimberly, Northern Cape.
S/he will provide NACOSAs sub-recipient organisations with financial systems development support, mentoring and monitoring and to ensure financial systems adherence in the provincial office.
This is a part-time, 10 days per month contract position.
- Grade 12 or a tertiary qualification in finance and administration;
- Minimum of three years experience working in a financial administrative position;
- Experience in bookkeeping function up to trial balance;
- Preparation and review of payment reconciliations;
- Ability to inspect organisations payroll processing and submissions to SARS;
- Capture monthly bank accounts and reconcile bank statements;
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports;
- Computer skills in Pastel, Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail;
- Communication skills in two official South African languages, of which one must be English;
- Deadline driven and analytical skills;
- Willingness to travel in province including in Free State;
- Understanding of the NGO sector will be an advantage;
- Reside within the Kimberly area;
- Valid driver's license and own vehicle.
NACOSA is a supportive and dynamic environment and offers the opportunity to impact on issues facing South African communities.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you have not been contacted two weeks after closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Networking HIV/AIDS Community of South Africa, refer to www.nacosa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.