The Mvula Trust
Strictly for University
Duration: Three Months
Location: KwaZulu-Natal South, Limpopo and Eastern Cape Regional Offices
The Mvula Trust is the leading NGO in the rural water supply and sanitation field in South Africa, with a solid track record, high calibre staff and a network of relationships and partnerships with the major stakeholders in the sector. The mission of the Mvula Trust is to improve the health and livelihoods of poor and disadvantaged South Africans using and maximising community-based approaches to facilitate delivery of integrated and sustainable water, sanitation and related services, while ensuring that people’s voices are heard.
Mvula is seeking to provide internship opportunities to three (3) Communications Interns. The interns will be based at our Regional Offices. The interns who apply for these positions must be willing to relocate to any of our Regional offices or be based in these areas.
- The Communications Interns will provide advice to Regional Directors on media opportunities for the different projects. S/he will take the lead in framing the media profiles and communications content of the relevant projects. The content development includes content for internal and external communiqués;
- The Communications Interns will be required to accompany technical staff in order to build communications content and provide on-the-ground communications support on the projects of the relevant regional office;
- Collating and re-writing technical and official documents in a media-friendly and informative manner;
- Developing and maintaining contact with key journalists on the projects of The Mvula Trust;
- Writing and editing press releases and briefing papers on the projects and activities of The Mvula Trust;
- Contributing to the content of The Mvula Trust website by providing text, photographs, and audio-visual material;
- Identifying and facilitating key media slots on provincial and community media agencies for Regional Directors to articulate The Mvula Trust messages;
- Working as part of a national team to identify publicity and news angles for The Mvula Trust activities and projects;
- Any other media and administration duties that may be assigned by the Regional Director and/or Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Final year student completing a Degree or Diploma in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field is required;
- Accountable and responsible team player;
- Good communications skills (written and oral);
- Ability to pay attention to detail and be diligent;
- Able to apply expertise;
- An innovative individual who easily adapts.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications, with detailed CV and a letter motivating why they are suited to the position, for the attention of the Human Resources Officer, by e-mail, to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 30 August 2013.
The Mvula Trust is committed to employment equity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants who do not receive any communication from Mvula within 30 days of submitting applications, should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more about the Mvula Trust, refer to www.mvula.co.za.