Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation. MSF delivers medical care to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or exclusion from health care in more than 60 countries.
In 2011, MSF has opened an ambitious ‘TB and HIV incidence reduction ’project in Eshowe township and Mbongolwane health service area in KwaZulu Natal.
MSF seeks to appoint a Clinical Nurse Practitioner for the project in Mbolongwane, Eshowe in KwaZulu-Natal.
This position will lead a small mobile team, providing training, mentoring and support to healthcare workers in the field, and implementing the objectives of a long-term HIV and TB incidence reduction project in hyper-epidemic setting.
- Lead a small mobile team visiting hospitals, clinics, health points, and community groups in the course of implementation of the project objectives;
- Provide training, mentoring and support in all aspects of health-seeking behaviour, and especially in relation with HIV and TB, to healthcare workers in the field – nurses, lay counsellors and community health workers (CHWs);
- Promote strategies of task-shifting, decentralisation of care, with emphasis on nurse-initiated management of ART (NIMART), and integration of HIV and TB care;
- Contribute to the operational research (OR) and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) components of the project by keeping records of work done and results achieved, and collect additional data as required;
- Manage relevant equipment and supplies.
- Minimum of five years nursing experience, with minimum one year experience in HIV and TB care, including the initiation and management of ART;
- Basic qualification as a Professional Nurse;
- Post-basic qualifications in Primary Health Care;
- Qualifications in Midwifery and/or Community Health and/or Administration an added advantage;
- NIMART training or equivalent;
- Current registration with the SA Nursing Council;
- Leadership and mentoring skills;
- Good knowledge of common office software such as Microsoft Office;
- Fluent in both English and isiZulu languages;
- Community involvement and personal experience showing a willingness to adhere to the humanitarian principle of Médecins Sans Frontières;
- South African citizen or a valid South African work permit.
Job advantages and career opportunities:
- Experience in a well-known and professionally recognized international medical humanitarian organisation;
- Salary package comparable to other non-profit organisations;
- 100% medical aid;
- 13th cheque;
- 10% towards a pension fund.
To apply, submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Médecins Sans Frontières, Office Nr.1, Adams Building, 7 Osborn Road, Eshowe 3815.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Médecins Sans Frontières South Africa, refer to www.msf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.