mothers2mothers: Research Assistants
Monday, July 9, 2012 - 11:03
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, July 20, 2012
mothers2mothers’ simple and effective “Mentor Mothers” model is part of the global effort to eliminate the transmission of HIV to babies by 2015.
mothers2mothers seeks to appoint two Research Assistants, based in Maseru, Lesotho.
These persons will provide research assistance to the Male Involvement Study, a pilot intervention to assess the acceptability and feasibility of the inclusion of a Male Peer Mentor to existing m2m interventions in order to enhance male involvement in health interventions for mothers and their babies, with specific focus on implementing the assessment component of the study.
These persons will report to the Evaluations and Operations Research Technical Specialist based in Cape Town, South Africa.
These are two-month fixed-term contract positions.
- Data collection within m2m sites including surveys, key informant interviews and focus group discussions with health facility stakeholders and health facility clients;
- Data abstraction of client records;
- Transcribing and translating qualitative interview transcripts;
- Ensuring quality control and quality assurance on all surveys and interview transcripts.
- Relevant degree in the field of social and human sciences;
- Postgraduate students in their final year of study will have an advantage;
- Minimum of two years research experience, particularly with conducting surveys, key informant interviews, interviews and focus group discussions;
- Research experience in health systems, family planning and reproductive health services;
- Fluency in English and SeSotho;
- High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary program team and actively contribute to team performance;
- Ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Willingness to work overtime.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
m2m follows a careful review process for all applications. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Should you not hear from m2m by 30 August 2012, consider your application unsuccessful.
Follow m2m on Twitter: @m2mtweets.
For more about mothers2mothers, refer to www.m2m.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.