mothers2mothers: Country Director - Malawi
Monday, June 18, 2012 - 12:08
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, June 29, 2012
mothers2mothers seeks to appoint a Country Director (CD) - Malawi, based in Lilongwe, Malawi.
The CD will strategically lead the development and implementation of the mothers2mothers programme in Malawi. The CD will manage a multi-disciplinary team to ensure quality programmeming and organisational success, drawing on resources in the headquarters departments of finance, human resources, communications, development, programmes, and strategic information and technical support.
The CD will report to Senior Operations Manager at m2m’s headquarters in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Represent mothers2mothers at the national level, liaise and develop relationships with m2m partners, government officials (NDoH) and other key stakeholders to ensure smooth operation of the program and m2m’s active involvement in key national processes;
- Liaise closely with in-country donors (and lead the generation of new opportunities and proposals for new country-level funding with support from Development;
- Ensure compliance of country program with major donors rules and regulation incl. submission of work plans, reports etc;
- Provide cross-cutting programmatic and strategic support to other m2m country programs as requested i.e. task teams;
- Guide the implementation and strategic planning of m2m Malawi, in line with m2m’s organizational strategic plan;
- Liaise closely with Senior Operations Manager and m2m HQ departments to leverage technical support for Malawi country team members and coordinate support for programme delivery;
- Lead ongoing expansion of current m2m programming and the continuous quality improvement of existing program services;
- Ensure the effective use of financial resources, including the utilization of budget tracking, expenditure analysis and forecasting;
- Ensure the timely submission of high quality donor reports, record-keeping and compliance to relevant donor requirements;
- Facilitate the employment, development and performance management of in-country staff with help of the national leadership team
- Build the capacity of the country team to successfully manage the programme cycle, including components of design, implementation and evaluation.
- Master’s degree in the health sciences, international development, management or a related field;
- Minimum of seven years significant experience in public health management;
- Programming experience and technical competence in HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, and/or SRH;
- Minimum of three years in a management position, supervising senior staff, in an international or intercultural environment;
- Prior experience working with donors and funding mechanisms is desirable including USAID, PEPFAR, Global Fund, UN agencies and private foundations;
- Familiarity with the donor and national leadership context, systems and processes in Malawi;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to conduct relationships with senior level managers, government officials and public health staff;
- Willingness to travel within Malawi to support country teams and Regional offices;
- Fluency in English essential; fluency in local language an advantage;
- High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Demonstrated excellent writing ability and strong financial management skills;
- Possession of own car and valid driver’s licence;
- Determination, resourcefulness, and ability to think analytically;
- Enthusiasm to work on behalf of m2m’s mother and infant clients.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to the Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. m2m encourages applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Should you not hear from m2m by 31 July 2012, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about mothers2mothers, refer to www.m2m.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.