MOSAIC Training, Service and Healing Centre for Women
MOSAIC Training, Service and Healing Centre for Women (MOSAIC), is a nonprofit organisation that provides a holistic range of services to persons affected by gender-based violence. MOSAIC was established in 1993 to assist female victims of domestic violence. Since then, the organisation has expanded and now assists victims of domestic and sexual violence and their families. MOSAIC’s programmes include: Court Support, Social Services, MenCare+, Sexual Violence and Sexual Reproductive Health. MOSAIC has outreach centres in Wynberg, Khayelitsha, Philippi, Delft and Mitchells Plain and is based in 16 courts within the Western Cape Province.
Mosaic seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in Khayelitsha.
The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager and will operate from MOSAIC’s Khayelitsha Outreach Centre.
Starting date: 13 January 2014
- Provide psycho-social services to victims of gender-based violence and their families;
- Maintain all ethical responsibilities as set out by the SACSSP;
- Case management and supervision of Social Auxiliary Workers in Khayelitsha and Philippi;
- Facilitate educational and awareness raising workshops to victims of gender-based violence and those at risk;
- Conduct public information sharing sessions/presentations to increase awareness about gender-based violence and MOSAIC’s services;
- Engage in networking activities with relevant community stakeholders;
- To write daily, weekly and monthly reports;
- Follow up media coverage of GBV cases;
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor;
- Actively participate in supervision and performance management processes;
- Perform all the administrative and reporting functions required of the job.
- Social Work qualification, with proof of current registration with the SACSSP;
- Minimum of isiXhosa and English language skills, ability to communicate in additional South African languages will be advantageous;
- Valid driver's licence essential;
- Minimum of three years Social Work experience (experience in case management and supervision will be advantageous);
- Appropriate knowledge and practical experience of pro-actively working in the field of Gender Based Violence;
- Skills in individual and couple counseling;
- Workshop facilitation skills;
- Applicants must be self-motivated, possess excellent people and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work as part of a team.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter with proof of registration with SACSSP for the attention of the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference 'Social Worker' in the subject email, or fax to 086 651 8662.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Kerryn Rehse, Tel: 021 761 7585
No late applications will be considered.
Should you not have heard from MOSAIC within five days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
MOSAIC reserves the right to not fill the position.
For more information about MOSAIC, refer to http://mosaic.org.za/main
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.