Early Learning Resource Unit (ELRU)
All-inclusive salary package negotiable based on experience
ELRU is a Cape Town Based NPO that focuses on increasing access and improving the quality of Early Childhood Development (ECD) to ensure the right to holistic development of poor and vulnerable young children by developing the capacity of Community Leaders, Caregivers and Practitioners to ensure the delivery of the Essential Package to each child.
ELRU seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer in their Lansdowne based office in Cape Town. Reporting to the Director, the M& E Officer will develop and implement an M&E strategy for the organisation, including ensuring integration within various programmes.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation framework for new programmes and reviewing the same for existing programmes across ELRU;
- Drive the process of identifying performance indicators for programmes including reporting progress against strategic, operational and programme specific objectives;
- Conduct impact assessments and coordinate the compilation and dissemination of quarterly and annual reports;
- Develop reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information and develop and maintain online M& E databases;
- Continuously develop and improve ELRU’s M&E systems, tools and guidelines for its various programmes;
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals and tender presentations for new projects and implementation plans;
- Coordinate baseline and end line surveys, external reviews and evaluations of ELRU’s programmes and prepare management information including tables, graphs and statistical data;
- Working with staff, beneficiaries and partners to analyze, maintain and supply evidence of lessons learned from programme experience, and ensure incorporation thereof into future programmes;
- Conduct research projects applying a variety of research techniques;
- Build capacity of staff on the logical framework, data verification & management, result-oriented programming and report writing techniques as per the requirements for relevant donors to ensure compliance;
- Produce periodic briefs and publications.
Qualification and Experience
- A relevant three year Degree/Diploma in Development Studies, Statistics, Social/Human Studies or equivalent;
- Post graduate training in M&E and/or certification by a recognized organization would be a strong advantage;
- Previous progressive experience in monitoring, evaluation and programme or project management;
- Solid experience developing and/or using monitoring & evaluation systems & tools;
- In-depth understanding and up-to-date knowledge of theories, concepts and approaches to research and M&E;
- Proven experience in the use of various research methodologies, information sources, data analysis and statistical packages;
- A valid code 8 (EB) drivers licence and the ability and willingness to travel locally and nationally;
- Strong analytical ability and excellent report writing skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to speak isiXhosa is an added advantage.
Closing Date: 13 February 2015
To apply, please submit your CV outlining a detailed description of duties, the names of at least two contactable professional references, copies of your qualifications, driver's licence and identity document to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title as the subject. If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. Candidate may be required to participate in competency based assessment.