Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) Regional Office
The Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) is a membership-based regional media freedom and freedom of expression advocacy organisation, which seeks to promote free, independent and pluralistic media, as, envisaged in the 1991 Windhoek Declaration, the African Charter on Broadcasting and the Declaration of Principles of Freedom of Expression in Africa.
MISA seeks to appoint a Receptionist/Administration Officer, based at MISA’s Regional Secretariat in Windhoek, Namibia.
This position is opened to Namibian citizens and permanent residents only.
- Front desk management;
- Petty cash handling;
- Record-keeping and filing
- Travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Staff movement chart update;
- Workshop/conference logistic support;
- Office stationery management;
- Secretarial support;
- Taking minutes of staff meetings.
- Diploma in secretarial studies or office administration;
- Minimum two year secretarial/administration experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes;
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with multiple competing priorities.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered, commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications will be considered only if accompanied by a covering letter, a detailed C.V. containing the names and contact details of three referees and a copy of your highest qualification.
To apply, submit you application to the Regional Manager - Finance and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: +264 61 248016. No late applications will be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence.
For more about the Media Institute of Southern Africa, refer to www.misa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.