Media Institute of Southern Africa: Project Accountant
Friday, September 7, 2012 - 13:20
Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) Regional Office
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, September 21, 2012
MISA seeks to appoint a Project Accountant, based at MISA’s Regional Secretariat in Windhoek, Namibia.
This position is opened to Namibian citizens and permanent residents only.
- Review payments and receipts and ensure that they are posted to correct accounts;
- Check monthly bank reconciliations for the MISA-ACBF accounts;
- Check for clear authorisation of expenditure and check for compliance with budget;
- Maintain an accurate and up to date record of accounting transactions.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and budget variance analysis;
- Prepare Annual Financial Report and liaise with Auditors.
- Prepare financial reports to funders;
- Ensure compliance with MISA and ACBF Procurement Policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a BCom. degree or any related accounting qualification;
- Minimum of five years experience with a nongovernmental organisation;
- Sound grant management and budgetary control;
- Strong project management skills;
- Proven use of pastel accounting package;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Applications will be considered only if accompanied by a covering letter, a detailed C.V. containing the names and contact details of three referees and a copy of your highest qualification.
To apply, submit you application to the Regional Manager - Finance and Administration at email@example.com or fax to: +264 61 248016. No late applications will be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence.
For more about the Media Institute of Southern Africa, refer to www.misa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.