Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) Regional Secretariat
The Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) is a membership-based regional media freedom and freedom of expression advocacy organisation, which seeks to promote free, independent and pluralistic media, as, envisaged in the 1991 Windhoek Declaration, the African Charter on Broadcasting and the Declaration of Principles of Freedom of Expression in Africa.
MISA seeks to appoint a Programme Manager, based at MISA’s Regional Secretariat in Windhoek, Namibia.
This position is opened to candidates from Southern Africa.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of MISA’s annual regional work plans in line with the strategic plan;
- Provide a leading role in the development and implementation of MISA’s Monitoring and Evaluation strategies;
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing on Monitoring & Evaluation;
- Support effective reporting of the programme and project activities;
- Accountability to donors, trustees and members, verbally and through reports;
- Assist the senior management team with fundraising;
- Participate in senior management meetings.
- Master’s degree in media studies: humanities; social sciences; political science/administrative studies or related field;
- Minimum of five years experience in all, or most of the key performance areas;
- Experience in the development sector, particular the media sector; good understanding of media freedom, freedom of expression and media development issues a definite plus;
- Sound knowledge of Results Based Programme Development and Management;
- Strong research background and ability to translate MISA’s work into user-friendly knowledge-based products and tools;
- Strong conceptual, project development and resource mobilisation skills;
- Proven record of competence and of the flexibility required to meet the demands of such a position, including the willingness and scope to travel.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered, commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications will be considered only if accompanied by a covering letter, a detailed CV containing the names and contact details of three referees and a copy of your highest qualification.
To apply, submit you application to the Regional Manager - Finance and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: +264 61 248016. No late applications will be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence.
For more about the Media Institute of Southern Africa, refer to www.misa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Advertise in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory to be released in November 2012. Special rates for NGOs and service providers to the NGO sector. Refer to http://t.co/pSF9GkRI for the rate card.