Medecins Sans Frontieres South Africa
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation. MSF delivers medical care to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or exclusion from health care in more than 60 countries.
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) has been providing TB/HIV services in South Africa since 1999 and in Lesotho since 2006. MSF has been working in Khayelitsha, Western Cape for the last ten years initially focusing on access to affordable and safe ARV treatment and later piloting innovative models of care including decentralisation of HIV care to peripheral clinics, integration HIV and TB care, nurse-based initiation of ART, community long term retention in ART care models and patient-centred DR-TB management.
MSF SA seeks to appoint a Logistician, based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
The person will report to the Project Coordinator. S/he will provide technical support to the MSF South Africa Coordination Logistics and Supply Coordinators.
This is a one-year contract position renewable (with support for first two to three months).
This position is part of the project management team. The Field Logistician defines, implements and manages the logistics activities that aim to optimize and respond to the needs of MSF Khayelitsha TB/HIV project. The main objectives of this post will include:
- In collaboration with the Project Co-ordinator, defining the logistical needs of the project including Information Technology (IT), construction, transport and telecommunications;
- Developing appropriate plans for such achieving logistical requirements of the project and implementing such plans including contracting and co-ordinating external service providers;
- Managing the logistics and supply department including procurement, fleet management, IT, asset management, telecommunications, security;
- Managing the logistics budget and expenditure;
- Providing technical input and support to the development of mhealth interventions within the project;
- Providing IT management support to the project including including hardware installation, workstation installation configuration, application software installation maintenance, upgrading and troubleshooting, management, server hardware and operating system management, windows update services, anti-virus, routers, ADSL management and TCP/IP.
- Degree in engineering, information technology or equivalent is essential;
- Masters in management/public health will be an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in management is essential;
- Demonstrated experience in network management, IT infrastructure development, network security is essential;
- Experience in developing software and technical architecture design strategies specifically for mobile technology platforms will be an advantage;
- Experience in construction – design, planning and construction project implementation will be an advantage;
- Genuine commitment to MSF's humanitarian principles and the fight against HIV/AIDS and TB
- Excellent organisation, negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Excellent strategic planning and management skills (including supervision experience);
- Good leadership skills and team spirit;
- Ability to handle the pressures and stresses related to the job responsibilities;
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of isiXhosa will be an advantage.
To apply, submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Starting date : 01 November 2012.
For more about the Médecins Sans Frontières South Africa, refer to www.msf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.