Médecins Sans Frontières South Africa: Health Promoter
Wednesday, August 8, 2012 - 11:09
Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, August 22, 2012
MSF teams have been providing medical and humanitarian assistance for Zimbabweans and other vulnerable migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in inner-city Johannesburg since 2007.
MSF seeks to appoint Health Promoter, based in Johannesburg.
The Health Promoter, as part of the MSF Health Promotion Team, will be responsible for mobilising residents of dilapidated buildings to participate in cleaning campaigns, health education and health promotion sessions. S/he will play an active role in identifying medical needs, referring residents where necessary, and identifying health education needs. Should an emergency occurs which MSF decides to respond to, the Health Promoter shall take part in medical and humanitarian emergency relief activities.
- Health related diploma or degree;
- Health promotion or clinical nursing experience;
- Good English, Shona, Ndebele or isiZulu will be an advantage;
- Good communication skills;
- Willingness to work in dilapidated buildings;
- Ability and willingness to participate in emergency medical humanitarian relief activities;
- Community involvement and personal experience showing a willingness to adhere to the humanitarian principles of MSF;
- South African citizen or holder of a valid South African work permit.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Follow MSF SA on Twitter (www.twitter.com/MSF_southafrica) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/MSFsouthafrica).
For more about the Médecins Sans Frontières South Africa, refer to www.msf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.