Médecins Sans Frontières: Active Recruiter
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters and also speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Founded in 1971, today MSF is present in more than 60 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises. Services and activities include provision of emergency medicine, response to epidemics, war surgery, nutrition and vaccination campaigns, operating feeding centres for malnourished children, mental health care and support to hospitals and clinics.
MSF seeks to appoint an Active Recruiter, based in Johannesburg.
This is a six-month contract position starting July 2012.
- Provide support to the Field HR (FHR) unit search for more potential recruits within South Africa and recommend them for recruitment;
- Develop strategy for active recruitment based on the operations and available research reports already available;
- Priorities profiles to be targeted for active recruitment in consultation with head of FHR unit;
- Organise events and platforms that could quickly yield required benefits to recruitment;
- Visit different parts of the country and have meetings with key influential professional groups that could have long lasting impact to recruitment;
- Support FHR in screening, assessment centre as well as matching whenever requested or in the absence of Head of FHR;
- Maximise the use of advertisement sites available within its the office and beyond and at the same time discover most effective advertisement sites that could be used for future;
- Participate in office meetings, events and most importantly work with other units.
- MSF field experience;
- Should have medical or paramedical profile;
- Experience in recruiting staff;
- Charismatic and able to convince others;
- Good in planning and organising events;
- Flexible to adapt to other demand of the unit and MSF;
- Computer literacy skills;
- Creativity, good planning and work independently to provide the required support;
- A valid driver’s licence.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders, refer to www.msf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.