Mdzananda Animal Clinic
Mdzananda Animal Clinic provides the only permanent, on site veterinary services to the dogs and cats of the more than one-million people who live in Khayelitsha, near to Cape Town, South Africa.
Mdzananda Animal Clinic seeks to appoint a Volunteer Adoptions Officer, based in home position with visits to the clinic based in Khayelitsha.
The Officer will ensure that adoptable pets get placed in foster homes and forever homes.
The Officer will report to the Project Manager and Fundraising and Comms Manager, directly reporting to Animal Welfare Assistants and Veterinarians for appropriate information.
The Officer will work for a minimum of five hours per week.
- Ensure that adoptable pets go to foster;
- Promote adoptable pets to find forever homes;
- Keep records of all adoptable pets;
- Ensure all adoptable pets are checked by our vets and healthy before going to foster parents (if not healthy and need special care, ensure foster parents are explained how to take care of them);
- Ensure adoptable pets are healthy before adopting out;
- Ensure protocols for foster parents are adhered to;
- Ensure for correct adoption procedure;
- Ensure for payments of adoption fee.
- Love for animals;
- Computer literate - email, website, facebook, excel;
- Communication skills;
- Record keeping and management skills;
- Own reliable transport.
Remuneration: Travelling and telephone costs will be covered
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Mdzananda Animal Clinic, refer to www.mdzananda.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.