Mdzananda Animal Clinic - Khayelitsha
Mdzananda Animal Clinic is a permanent, veterinary council registered animal clinic in Khayelitsha, a community that is home to more than a million people. The clinic was founded in 1996 and provides primary veterinary healthcare services to the community’s animals.
Mdzananda Animal Welfare Clinic seeks to appoint a Hospital Manager, based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
- Ensure the effective and efficient running of the clinic;
- Management of clinic staff - ensure responsibilities are adhered to and where necessary ensure disciplinary action is taken;
- Train and monitor of clinic staff - record keeping, educating clients, client and patient management;
- Draw up schedules - clinic staff, staff overtime, weekend duties, mobile clinics, staff holidays;
- Stock takes and weekly drug/consumables orders - manage stocks of consumables, drugs, dog and cat food and maintain adequate supplies within project budget constraints;
- Recording and monthly compilation of statistics – maintain and where necessary develop the current patient data system, report statistics to our funders;
- Fleet management – ensure vehicles are adequately maintained and log books properly recorded;
- Ensure proper cleaning protocols are adhered to;
- Ensure veterinary equipment is maintained properly within project budget constraints;
- Host and supervise guests and volunteers – manage this where necessary in conjunction with the project manager and fundraising and communications manager;
- Assist and liaise with project manager and fundraise and communications officer as necessary;
- Liaise with Board of Trustees and funders as required.
- Management skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills (written, telephone and face-to-face) in English;
- Planning and time management;
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks and to work to strict deadlines;
- High level of organisation, administration skills and attention to detail;
- Proven ability to take initiative and to work without supervision, both individually and in a team setting;
- Computer literacy, including sound knowledge of MS Office suite and the Internet;
- Proven experience coordinating/managing staff and volunteers;
- Impeccable personal integrity and the ability to manage confidential information;
- High level of flexibility and initiative;
- South African citizenship or legally authorised to work in South Africa;
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Passion for and commitment to Mdzananda’s mission and work; understanding and experience of the realities of animal welfare in South Africa;
Beneficial but not necessary:
- Understanding and experience of animal welfare/healthcare environment of South Africa;
- Understanding of and experience in community dynamics of South Africa;
- Understanding or ability speaking isiXhosa;
- Understanding and use of social media i.e. Facebook.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of your referees and one page essay on how and why you believe that you can be an asset to Mdzananda at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Mdzananda Animal Welfare Clinic, refer to www.mdzananda.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.