Mamelani Projects’ is a registered non-governmental organisation focused on creating positive transformation in communities. Mamelani's programmes support youth, women and communities to take action to improve their lives building on already existing knowledge and strengths.
Mamelani Projects seeks to appoint a Youth Development Facilitator, based in Salt River, Cape Town.
The Youth Facilitator to form part of the team for our Youth Development Programme. The programme assists young people transitioning out of Child and Youth Care Centres (CYCC’s). We are looking for a self-driven, self-managed individual with sober habits. The candidate should also be able to work well as part of a team, and have an open, creative and flexible approach to working.
- To develop a transitional plan with the young person leaving the CYCC, as well as provide post care support upon leaving the Centre;
- To develop relationships with each young person leaving the CYCC as well as staff at the CYCC;
- To establish and maintain relationship with appropriate stakeholders in the Sector;
- To conduct on going monthly individual and group sessions with young people.
- Be over 25 and have at least five years experience working with children and young people;
- Be willing to work over weekends;
- Computer literacy and confident in MSOffice applications (incl. Excel), online research and email;
- Preferably multi -lingual, must be proficient in English, isiXhosa speaker advantageous;
- Valid driver's licence (Code 8) essential.;
- Basic administrative and communication skills essential;
- Good listening skills essential;
- Qualification or relevant counselling/mentoring/coaching/life skills facilitation experience advantageous;
- Proven experience in facilitating group process with young people;
- Ability to effectively network and build relationships;
- Commitment to Youth Development.
Only Cape Town based candidates to apply.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted two weeks after closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Mamelani Projects reserves the right not to fill this post.
For more about the Mamelani Projects, refer to www.mamelani.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.