Mamelani Projects’ is a registered non-governmental organisation focused on creating positive transformation in communities. Mamelani's programmes support youth, women and communities to take action to improve their lives building on already existing knowledge and strengths.
Mamelani Projects seeks to appoint a Youth Facilitator for the Youth Development Programme, based in Salt River, Cape Town
The programme assists youth transitioning out of state care through one on one mentoring, group sessions and experiential learning sessions. The successful candidate should be a self-driven, open minded candidate who is emotionally mature and open to reflection as well as possessing the ability to give and receive critical feedback. The nature of the work means that the candidate should be able to work flexible hours as after hours and weekend work is occasionally expected. The candidate should also be able to work well as part of a team.
- Computer literacy and confident in MS Office applications (incl. Excel), online research and email;
- Preferably multi -lingual, must be proficient in English, Xhosa speaker advantageous;
- Driver's licence (Code 8) essential;
- Basic administrative and communication skills essential;
- Listening skills essential;
- Proven experience in facilitating group process with young people;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of young people;
- Proven experiential activity based learning skills (outdoor and wilderness advantageous);
- Ability to be creative and engaging when working with young people;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in direct child and youth development;
- Qualification or relevant counselling/mentoring/coaching/life skills facilitation experience advantageous.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted two weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Mamelani Projects reserves the right not to fill this post.
For more about Mamelani Projects, refer to www.mamelani.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.