MaAfrika Tikkun is an international NGO that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African Townships. Its aim is to empower communities to develop new generations of productive citizens.
Afrika Tikkun seeks to appoint an enrolled nurse as Nurse Coordinator for the Western Cape Region Health Programme, based at the Mfuleni office, Cape Town.
- Administration and management of community health workers;
- Supervise home based care, nursing care,I MCI, child care, adherence support, provide in-service training to community care workers.
- Registered with South Africa Nursing Council;
- Valid code 8 driver’s licence with own transport.
- Minimum of three years experience in health care and community care;
- Broad knowledge in health care such as wound care, chronic diseases of lifestyle, child care, HIV/Aids, TB;
- Experience in School nursing will be an advantage;
- Fluency in at least two languages: English, isiXhosa or Afrikaans;
- Excellent written communication in English;
- Competent in Microsoft Office package especially Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Project scheduling and organisational skills and an ability to plan;
- Reporting and presentation skills.
- Competent, highly motivated, assertive, honest, integrity, friendly;
- Ability to handle various tasks and provide support to the team;
- Ability to function in a challenging multi-faceted NGO environment.
Conditions of service will be in accordance with company policies and employment equity objectives.
To apply, submit a CV to Lamees Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively fax to: 086 6279134.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about MaAfrika Tikkun, refer to www.maafrikatikkun.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.