MaAfrika Tikkun is an international NGO that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African Townships. Its aim is to empower communities to develop new generations of productive citizens.
MaAfrika Tikkun seeks to appoint a Development and Marketing Manager, based in Western Cape.
This position will oversee, initiate and implement together with the team, all marketing, communication, donor relations, events and public relations initiatives for the company, positioning the company in the market and effectively promoting its efforts and value add to donors, public and employees.
The person will be reporting to the General Manager.
- Work with team to establish team vision, strategy and 2014implementation and Comms plan;
- Coordinate the team and manage team members in the performance of team deliverables;
- Allocate tasks to team members especially where tasks are unclear;
- Represent team in Development Team meetings;
- Manage team budget with team and responsible for submitting team related payment requisitions for sign off by GM Development;
- Day to day management of team member requests;
- Team motivation
- Liaise with other Team Leaders to negotiate team relationships , working relationship and deliverables;
- Management of Team Budgets with Team members;
- Management of Service Providers issues from Team members;
- Manage day to day activities of the Cape Town Fundraising and Marketing Office.
- Research, solicit, cultivate and convert at least 6 new donors per annum;
- Attend functions on behalf of the organisation with a view to identify donor prospects.
- Oversee the effective implementation of:
- 7 Breakfasts meetings in Gauteng and WC;
- 1 Sports Day;
- 1 Golf day in Gauteng;
- Sports related events ( 94.7 & Argus);
- Mandela Day.
Donor relations (donor retention and engagement)
- Development of donor retention strategy;
- Retention Strategy implemented;
- Recognition of specific special events or occurrences in donor’s history or existence;
- Donor employee engagement.
Public relations and media
- Identify and engage a PR Company to assist the organisation in its PR activities;
- Develop a PR strategy and plan in conjunction with the PR company;
- Monitor and evaluate the PR plan and ensure accurate and regular coverage of the organisation;
- Profile of Afrika Tikkun and its activities amongst the public and stakeholders in key and strategicmedia channels;
- Manage and monitor the service level agreement to ensure that the consultant’s perform in line with the agreement.
- Marketing of benefits of participating inAfrika Tikkun programmes to Community Centre beneficiaries;
- Signages in Western Cape communities, highlighting Afrika Tikkun’s work and impact;
- Facilitating and securing appearance in community newspapers and radio stations.
- Grade 12 - Senior Certificate or Relevant certificate;
- Tertiary qualification preferably in Marketing, Public Relations or Communication degree / diploma;
- Minimum of three years or more experience in Public Relations, Marketing, Events and Communications or similar;
- Highly computer literate (Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook) and internet savvy;
- Creative ability to communicate essential;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- Information gathering;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate at all levels and handle stakeholder relationships (verbal, written, facilitation);
- Organisational skills, an ability to plan and follow procedures;
- Research skills and an ability to structure, organise and analyse information and processes in a logical & meaningful way (numeric/non-numeric);
- Networking and building relationships;
- Use of social media and digital media for marketing and fundraising;
- Report writing, accurate data capturing;
- Ability to take initiative and develop innovative resolutions to challenges;
- A valid driver’s licence;
- Competent, self-motivated, honest, integrity and highly creative;
- Communication – internal and external;
- Assertive, diplomatic personality;
- Innovative thinker and problem solver;
- Must have the ability to clearly convey information and ideas both internally and externally;
- Needs to be able to bridge communication gaps between departments with useful information from all departments collated and utilised;
- Attention to Detail - Ensuring that work is 100% accurate and completed with care. Must have an eye for detail and be creative to capture attention;
- Must have a basic understand of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E);
- Initiative - Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive;
- Flexibility - Must be able to adapt to changes within the organisation and be willing to work outside of set duties in order to move forward as a team;
- Creativity - Ability to think outside of the norm and construct innovative solutions and processes to achieve the required objectives;
- Self-Motivated - Must have ability to prioritise workload and continue without instruction at times.
- Information gathering;
- Relationships with marketing, graphic design, advertising , media and PR houses;
- Experience and connections with PR, media and advertising houses essential;
- Understanding of the use of social media and digital media for marketing and fundraising;
- Report writing, accurate data capturing.
To apply, submit a CV to Lamees Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively fax to: 086 6279134.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about MaAfrika Tikkun, refer to www.maafrikatikkun.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.