MaAfrika Tikkun: Art and Culture Facilitator
Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 11:27
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Tuesday, July 3, 2012
MaAfrika Tikkun seeks to appoint an Art and Culture Facilitator, based in Hillbrow, Johannesburg.
- Provide a safe and nurturing space that affirms life experiences of children and youth and enables them to express themselves creatively, have fun and develop self-esteem, confidence and identity;
- Facilitate expression and processing of any feelings and trauma the participants may be carrying;
- Develop youth leadership and peer education, within the YDP and the community;
- Provide opportunities to showcase talent;
- Advocate for social change in the community through performing and visual arts;
- Develop knowledge skills and experience in specific and different art forms.
- Matric, qualification in art and culture related studies and/or experience;
- NQF Level 4 in child and youth care will be preferably;
- Intellectual curiosity and competent;
- Self-motivated, honest, display integrity, initiative, flexible and assertive;
- Ability to work independently;
- Attention to detail.
Conditions of service will be in accordance with company policies and employment equity objectives.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Anthea Fernandes at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about MaAfrika Tikkun, refer to www.maafrikatikkun.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.