MaAfrika Tikkun is an international NGO that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African Townships. Its aim is to empower communities to develop new generations of productive citizens.
MaAfrika Tikkun seeks to appoint an Art and Culture Facilitator, based in Hillbrow, Johannesburg.
- Provide a safe and nurturing space that affirms life experiences of children and youth and enables them to express themselves creatively, have fun and develop self-esteem, confidence and identity;
- Facilitate expression and processing of any feelings and trauma the participants may be carrying;
- Develop youth leadership and peer education, within the YDP and the community;
- Provide opportunities to showcase talent;
- Advocate for social change in the community through performing and visual arts;
- Develop knowledge skills and experience in specific and different art forms.
- Matric, qualification in art and culture related studies and/or experience;
- NQF Level 4 in child and youth care will be preferably;
- Intellectual curiosity and competent;
- Self-motivated, honest, display integrity, initiative, flexible and assertive;
- Ability to work independently;
- Attention to detail.
Salary: A salary commensurate with experience and benefits, in accordance with the company policy will be offered.
Conditions of service will be in accordance with company policies and employment equity objectives.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Anthea Fernandes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about MaAfrika Tikkun, refer to www.maafrikatikkun.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.