Medecins sans Frontieres/ Doctors Without Borders SA
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF seeks to appoint Promoters/Fundraisers, based in Cape Town.
They will be recruiting monthly supporters in shopping malls and streets in Cape Town and surrounding areas together with a team leader and fellow team members.
MSF SA is looking for people who are not afraid of targets, work well in a team and have great communication skills. Sales/customer service skills are an advantage, as well as a genuine concern for humanitarian assistance and willingness to work hard.
- Experience in sales;
- Strong interest in humanitarian issues and sharing of MSF's values;
- Communicative, reliable and thorough;
- Fluency in English and preferably a second South African language;
- Ability to execute duties with an inspired and motivated attitude.
Will be an advantage
- Experience with marketing through direct dialogue, preferably face to face fundraising;
- Studies in marketing, public relations, development;
- Experience with other humanitarian organisations;
- Own transport.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 448 1058.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders, refer to www.msf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
SANGONeT strengthens and supports the work of thousands of NGOs in South Africa through various ICT, capacity-building and networking activities. Please support our work with a donation and encourage others to do the same.