Medecins sans Frontieres/ Doctors without Borders South Africa
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF seeks to appoint a Team Leader for its face-to-face fundraising, based in Pretoria.
The team leader will be increasing Doctors Without Borders South Africa's regular income by recruiting new monthly supporters with a team in streets and shopping malls through a Face to Face approach.
This is a fixed-term contract of 35 hours per week.
- Recruiting new regular donors together with a team of about six canvassers;
- Be responsible for the daily organisation and motivation of the team members;
- Documenting and reporting results to the coordinator, keeping track of statistics and monitoring achievements of each team member and the team as a whole;
- Ensuring team members are well informed and updated on MSF principles and activities;
- Planning and carrying out team meetings in collaboration with the coordinator;
- Assisting with recruitment and training of canvassers;
- Liaising with shopping malls and other venues;
- Responsible for handling materials and forms and providing daily reports to the coordinator;
- Meeting the set targets for the value of donations to be recruited each week by the canvassers and the TL.
- Leadership and management skills;
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team;
- Experience in sales, direct marketing or promotions;
- A strong interest in humanitarian issues and sharing of the organisations values;
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport will be preferred;
- Must be communicative, reliable and thorough;
- Fluency in English and preferably a second South African language.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 011 403 4440.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF reserves the right not to appoint someone for this position.
For more about the Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders, refer to www.msf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.