Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) has been providing TB/HIV services in South Africa since 1999 (Khayelitsha project) and in Lesotho since 2006. MSF teams have also been providing medical and humanitarian assistance for Zimbabweans and other vulnerable migrants, refugees, and asylum-seekers in Musina and inner-city Johannesburg since 2007. In 2011, MSF has opened an ambitious ‘TB and HIV incidence reduction ’project in Eshowe township and Mbongolwane health service area in KwaZulu-Natal.
MSF seeks to appoint a Supply Logistician, based in Eshowe, KwaZulu-Natal.
The Supply Logistician will work together with the Logistics Manager to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the projects in terms of organising and planning of logistical activities including but not limited to: supply chain management, storekeeping, ensuring continuous supply to M1SS and CHAP component.
Planning and organising
- Participate in budget planning by providing necessary information and supply analysis;
- Participate in evaluating the material and human resources needed to carry out logistical activities;
- Responsible for the organisation of the pharmacy, stock management and flow of medical supplies together with Logistics Manager and Project Medical Referent.
- Manage all supply-related activities;
- Assist in ordering of MSF items from;
- Manage transportation logistics of stock;
- Assist the Project Medical Referent in medical item procurement, capture the movement & consumption of medical items;
- Ensure highest ethical behaviour standards with regards to management of the project supply.
Filing and procedures
- Ensures the checking, follow up and filing of administrative documents, ensure formal validation of invoices & input of information in software.
- Manage the logistics and medical storage, complies with storage rules for stored products, performs weekly stock check, coordinates internal orders, performs a physical inventory of all MSF stock and goods;
- Regularly evaluates the storage needs of the project & ensure proper storage conditions.
- Assists the Logistics Manager to identify, monitor and maintain the medical and non-medical fixed assets, ensure recording of all equipment in relevant inventories.
- Assist in ensuring that all non-medical equipment in project programmes is functioning properly, organise cleaning and storage of equipment, prepare consumption report for the items;
- Regularly visit sites to identify logistical and supply problems;
- Assesses if there is any need to adjust supply;
- Ensures follow up of the storage conditions;
- Ensures regular and continuous supply.
- Together with Head of Driver organise condom distribution;
- Collect all the possible data involved in condom distribution;
- Prepares stock issue, monitoring and consumption reports.
- Degree/diploma in supply chain management or equivalent;
- Minimum of three years experience;
- Formal additional qualification in supply chain and fleet management desirable;
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain rules;
- Excellent planning and organising as well as interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work independently and be proactive in identifying and addressing issues;
- Fluency in English and isiZulu;
- Microsoft Office proficient;
- Community involvement and personal experience showing a willingness to adhere to the humanitarian principle of Médecins Sans Frontières;
- South African citizen or a valid South African work permit.
Job advantages and career opportunities:
- Experience in a well-known and professionally recognized international medical humanitarian organisation;
- Salary package comparable to other non-profit organisations.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Médecins Sans Frontières, Office Nr. 1, Adams Building, 7 Osborn Road, Eshowe 3815. Kindly specify which position you are applying for.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MSF reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found. While MSF thanks all interested applicants.
For more about the Médecins Sans Frontières South Africa, refer to www.msf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.