Linawo Children's Home
Linawo's vision is to raise abandoned, neglected and orphaned children in a loving functional context to become well equipped, independent adults who can make a contribution to South African society.
Linawo seeks to appoint a Operations Manager based in Pinelands, Cape Town.
Duration: Minimum period of six months.
This is a full-time position with the potential to be extended beyond the initial six month contract.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, able to work independently with minimum supervision while at the same time operate within a small team, problem-solve, be comfortable interacting with a diverse range of supporters and volunteers and have a passion for working with children.
- manage, coordinate and expand the Linawo volunteer and supporter network
- Manage and coordinate Linawo information, website, newsletter and social media
- Oversee the implementation of Linawo communications and all reporting requirements
- Effectively manage the Linawo team ensuring the implementation of policies and procedures, recruitment of team members, employee development and performance management
- In partnership with the programme manager lead the implementation of the strategic direction for the organisation
- Be accountable for budget, resources and assets, ensuring financial controls and cost effectiveness are paramount
- Liaise with relevant government departments and entities to ensure statutory compliance
- Undertake administration and support functions within the home as required
- Provide a support function to the programme manager in terms of house maintenance, discipline and schedule coordination
- Experience in similar positions and/or working in the children’s sector;
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent;
- Computer literacy especially in Word and Excel;
- Proficiency in the English language;
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English is a must; additional African language is a strong advantage;
- Ability to oversee and manage groups of people;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills;
- Driver's licence and own car;
- Available to start as soon as possible.
Resources are limited but salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Linawo, refer to www.linawo.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.