Life Choices is a registered nonprofit organisation, committed to human profit through our work with youth and their families. The organisation challenges mind-sets, inspire growth and create supportive environments in which youth can thrive and find solutions to their own life journeys.
Life Choices seeks to appoint a Family Affairs Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
This is a full-time contract position starting January 2015.
The organisation's work takes place within the communities we work with, so the successful candidate will need to be self-sufficient, familiar with Cape Town and environments, have a valid driver’s licence, own transport and be able to manage a challenging workload. The Coordinator will need to have a Valid South African ID or valid work permit if not South African, and be able to work outside normal working hours when necessary.
- Manage Day to day operations of the Family Affairs Team:
- Have a team of five staff reporting directly to you. The five staff are parental skills facilitators, a therapist, a social worker and a job search counselor;
- Manage day-to-day logistics of team and material needs;
- Have an understanding of the communities and plan to avoid potential challenges that might arise and affect the programme;
- Develop systems and reporting structures that enable team to work more effectively;
- Manage all HR and organizational compliance of team. Implement strategies for staff enhancement and growth;
- Have a thorough understanding of each component of the Family Affairs programme and how to best support it;
- Conduct sight visits to evaluate staff performance.
- Manage Family Affairs M&E Systems:
- Ensure all filing, data and admin of Family Affairs team are adequately completed;
- Data Capturing of all Family Affairs data into M & E systems;
- Analyse data on a monthly basis and generate monthly reports for funders;
- Generate quarterly reports for funders;
- Oversee the collection of data for evaluations and implementation in the M&E systems.
- Programme Development:
- Researching and developing materials and tools;
- Review and develop sessions;
- Support Job Search counselor to establish networks and find job opportunities for parents.
- Report Writing:
- Report to the managing director on a daily basis;
- Compile reports for funders on a monthly basis.
- Relevant degree (e.g. psychology, social work, management, public health);
- Minimum of two years experience in a supervision position;
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent writing skills for reports, emails, etc;
- Strong project management skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and network on all levels;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team;
- Knowledge in monitoring and evaluation;
- Ability to communicate fluently in at least two out of the following languages: English, Afrikaans and isiXhosa.
- Personal Skills/Attributes/Values:
- Enthusiasm and passion for social development;
- "Can do" attitude, highly motivated and proactive self-starter;
- Strategic thinker and problem solving attitude;
- Creative, dynamic and willing to contribute ideas;
- Ability to work independently and self-manage;
- Ability to work in a small team;
- Can reflect on own performance and is willing to develop within the role;
- Commitment towards his/her personal growth.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience.
To apply, submit a CV and a motivational letter as to how you feel you would add value to the Life Choices Team to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Family Affairs Coordinator’
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you do not receive a reply by 10 December 2014 please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Life Choices, refer to www.salesians.org.za/lifechoices.html.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.