Legal Resources Centre (LRC)
The Legal Resources Centre (LRC) is an independent, client-based, nonprofit public interest law clinic, which uses law as an instrument of justice. The LRC works for the development of a fully democratic society based on the principle of substantive equality, by providing free legal services for the vulnerable and marginalised, including the poor, homeless, and landless people and communities who suffer discrimination by reason of race, class, gender, disability or by reason of social, economic and historical circumstances.
The LRC seeks to appoint a Litigation Attorney, based in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.
- Legal drafting and litigation;
- Advocacy and networking;
- Supervision and training of candidate Attorneys and Paralegals;
- Reporting and compliance.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills;
- Strong litigation skills;
- Ability to network with partner organisations and donors;
- Commitment to strengthening public interest legal practice;
- Commitment to staff development and team work;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Preferred qualification or experiences
- Four to nine years experience as a practising attorney;
- Experience in civil litigation;
- Human rights/socio economic rights background;
- Admitted as a practising attorney to the KwaZulu-Natal Law Society;
- Fluency in English.
The LRC is committed to transformation; applications from previously disadvantaged candidates are therefore strongly encouraged.
To apply, submit a CV, copies of qualifications, contact details of two contactable referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the position for which you are applying.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 27 September 2013, consider your application unsuccessful. Applicants for the above position must share in the Mission and Values of the LRC and its commitment to using the Law as an instrument of Justice.
For more about the Legal Resources Centre, refer to www.lrc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.