Legal Resources Centre (LRC)
The Legal Resources Centre (LRC) is an independent, client-based, nonprofit public interest law clinic, which uses law as an instrument of justice. It works for the development of a fully democratic society based on the principle of substantive equality, by providing free legal services for the vulnerable and marginalised, including the poor, homeless, and landless people and communities who suffer discrimination by reason of race, class, gender, disability or by reason of social, economic and historical circumstances.
The National Office of the LRC seeks to appoint a Database Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
This is a voluntary, unpaid position which requires a committment of six months, full time.
- Update the fundraising database - Raiser’s Edge;
- Research prospect individual donors;
- Compile and update direct mailing database;
- Enter a range of data accurately on to the Raiser’s Edge database relating to LRC’s current, potential and lapsed donors (organisations and individuals).This will involve reviewing and organising the paper based and electronic filing system for recording interaction with donors;
- General administrative support to the development unit of the LRC.
- Experience of working with databases, and preferably fundraising databases such as the Raiser’s Edge;
- Research skills and an ability to structure, organise & analyse information and processes in a logical & meaningful way;
- Attention to detail;
- Computer literate;
- Ability to learn new skills and absorb information very quickly;
- English writing and summarising skills;
- Think systematically;
- Meticulous and committed to accuracy;
- Work well within a team;
- Preferably have some knowledge and experience of fundraising for NGOs in South Africa.
A monthly stipend will be provided to cover travel and lunch expenses.
Full training on how to use the Raiser’s Edge database will be provided.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter, two contactable referees and copies of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from LRC by 10 May 2013, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Legal Resources Centre, refer to www.lrc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.