LEAP Science and Maths Schools: Fundraiser / Donor Relationship Manager
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - 12:51
LEAP Science and Maths School
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Monday, May 21, 2012
LEAP Science and Maths Schools seeks to appoint a Fundraiser/Donor Relationship Manager, based in Cape Town or Johannesburg.
The person will be responsible for securing new funding partnerships for LEAP and maintaining and growing these partnerships into long-term, sustainable partners. The role includes all elements of building these relationships from initial prospect contact to report writing. This role will also include event management.
This is an Employment Equity (EE) and Affirmative Action (AA) position.
- Experience working for a grant making organisation or as a fundraiser is essential (state the amount of money that you raised per year in your current or previous position);
- Event management experience (highlight this in your motivational letter);
- Thorough understanding of the funding environment in South Africa;
- Excellent communication skills, including good English writing skills;
- Experienced in working with Microsoft Office;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Attention to detail;
- High energy levels;
- Willingness to travel nationally;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- commitment to excellence and working for change in the South African education system;
- Strong sense of social responsibility with a track record in community engagement;
- Understanding of the constraints of working for a nonprofit organisation and ability to be resourceful within these constraints;
- Valid driver’s licence and own car.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with ‘Fundraiser and Donor Relationship Manager Application’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
LEAP Science and Maths Schools reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment.
Failure to meet the minimum requirements will automatically disqualify an applicant.
An application does not entitle an applicant to an interview.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For more about the LEAP Science and Maths Schools, refer to www.leapschool.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.