Lawrence House is a child and youth care centre, special place of safety and care for abandoned and orphaned refugee children and unaccompanied foreign minors.
Lawrence House seeks to appoint a Child and Youth Care Worker, based in Woodstock, Cape Town.
This is a permanent full-time position and employment to care for children of age between 10 to 18 years old.
- Report on child and youth behaviour regularly;
- Engage in and supervise recreational activities;
- Complete administrative duties and record keeping;
- Transport children when necessary;
- Attend staff meetings;
- Maintain order, safety and cleanliness;
- Prepare meals;
- Take responsibility for the supervision of the general hygiene and cleanliness of children and their rooms.
- Basic qualification and experience in CYC;
- Willingness to work shifts and over weekends;
- Team player;
- Be a role model;
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor to the children;
- Mature, responsible and fair;
- Willingness and ability to direct, supervise and interact positively with children and youth;
- Valid driver’s licence;
Starting date: 15 May 2013.
Salary: A salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and a Police clearance certificate to Lawrencehouse@scalabrini.org.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Lawrence House reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about the Lawrence House, refer to www.scalabrini.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.