Lambano Sanctuary: Professional Nurse / Hospice Manager
Lambano seeks to appoint a Professional Nurse/Hospice Manager, based in Germiston, Ekurhuleni.
- Manage hospice and step down facility;
- Up skill the facility from 1 star to 5 star according to the Hospice Palliative Care Association recommendations – policies and procedures;
- Practice patient care according to his/her scope of practice and assume total responsibility for these activities;
- Practice patient care and ensure that all patients have an appropriate nursing care plan;
- Liaise with Doctors, hospitals, Social Workers, laboratories and parents;
- Mentoring and supervision of junior healthcare providers and support staff;
- Manage acuity and skill mix to ensure appropriate level of care;
- Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed;
- Reports and acts upon potential or actual risks identified.
- Registration with South African Nursing Council;
- Qualification in paediatrics and palliative care will be an advantage;
- Willingness to further studies in Palliative Care if not already done;
- Minimum of five years managerial experience at ward level;
- Strong administration skills;
- Flexibility in working hours;
- Valid driver’s licence will be preferred;
- Strong work ethic.
To apply, submit a CV, current salary, salary expectations and motivation letter with ‘Professional Nurse’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Lambano Sanctuary, refer to www.lambano.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.