Lambano Sanctuary: Fundraiser / Marketing Coordinator
Lambano seeks to appoint a Fundraiser/Marketing Coordinator, based in Germiston, Ekurhuleni.
S/he is expected to be energetic with ability to work unsupervised and has a strong work ethic. S/he will be constantly looking for opportunity and thinking of great ideas for marketing on a small budget. S/he should have a strong sense of integrity and moral boundaries.
- Design and implement a fundraising and marketing strategy in line with the organisations strategy;
- Build and sustain relationships with existing, new and potential donors, organisations and individuals;
- Raise the organisations profile and liaise with media;
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing all fundraising related matters;
- Social media - update Twitter, Facebook and website regularly;
- Update proposals, budgets and reports;
- Set up and maintain donor database.
- Degree or diploma in communication or marketing is preferable but not essential if incumbent has proven relevant experience;
- Minimum of five years working experience in the fundraising field;
- Knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of successful fundraising or marketing;
- Excellent communication, administration and writing skills;
- Flexible approach to working outside of normal office hours, particularly when called upon to support special fundraising events and projects;
- Computer literate;
- Experience in a non-profit environment will be an asset, especially working with a very limited budget;
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Have a “hands-on” approach and be able to work unsupervised;
- Passionate about making a difference in the lives of children;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV, current salary, salary expectations and motivation letter with ‘Fundraising Coordinator’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No phone call will be accepted.
For more about Lambano Sanctuary, refer to www.lambano.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.