Lalela Project provides educational arts to youth living in extreme poverty across South Africa and Africa.
Lalela Project seeks to appoint a Chief Operating Officer (COO), based in Cape Town.
The COO who will be responsible, along with the CEO, for strategic and operational management of Lalela Project. At least 7 years management experience as well as a university degree is required. Experience in the NGO field is advantageous. Cape Town based (no relocation allowance).
- Strategic Management including funder, stakeholder and community relationships and creating fundraising strategies;
- Operational Management of the company, including ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, in conjunction with the CEO.Includes developing a risk management framework as well as in-place systems and procedures and evaluation of expenses;
- Staff Management, including recruitment, disciplinary issues, appraisals and ensuring the “culture” of Lalela’s mission and values;
- Fiscal Management includes working with CEO in developing and managing operational and project budgets.All necessary reporting to CEO, SARS and South African Department of Social Development.Prudent Management of resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations is essential;
- Marketing and PR, including overseeing content, production and distribution of all marketing and publicity materials.Manage press outreach in conjunction with CEO and External Relations Manager.
- University degree;
- Candidates without relevant degree will not be considered;
- Minimum of seven years management experience essential;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel essential;
- Experience in the NGO field advantageous;
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic and self-motivated;
- Be willing to manage a growing team.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to Rosie at email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Lalela Project, refer to www.lalelaproject.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.