Based in Durbanville, Cape Town, the head office of KSA seeks to appoint a
To implement and oversee its activities in the Western and Southern Cape, as well as the Eastern Cape and Gauteng.
Please note this is a 1 year contract subject to renewal depending on funding and performance.
The key responsibilities of this challenging position include:
- Staff management
- Monitoring the implementation of Education and Training programmes
- Play a leading role in the identification of new areas of vocational training and development
- Overseeing membership activities, networking closely with training providers, industry, the NPO sector and the Catholic Church at both parish and diocesan level in the provinces mentioned above
The National Coordinator must have a background in the NGO sector, have proven experience in staff, financial and project management and networking with similar organisations. The ability to write precisely detailed and accurate reports is essential.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a degree, diploma or equivalent qualification in a field relevant to the above requirements
- Display professional skills in networking and communicating with International and local donors , report writing and donor compliance
- Have at least 5 years’ experience at senior management level in an NGO Environment
- Show strong leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of General Financial and Budgeting procedures
- Possess knowledge of Training and Development Programs
- Be familiar with Seta Framework and understanding of Seta and Accreditation processes
- High level of computer literacy with proficient knowledge of MS office/Excel/Power Point
- Be fluent in both written and spoken English and have the ability to communicate in at least one other local language
- Be a practicing Catholic and have a thorough understanding of the structures of the Catholic Church at both parish and diocesan levels
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s license and own vehicle will be an advantage
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 6th February 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org