Khulisa Management Services
Khulisa Management Services (see www.khulisa.com) is a South African-based firm that provides a wide range of monitoring, evaluation, research, and information management services.
Khulisa is seeking a Knowledge Management Specialist for a current financial sector project in South Africa.
Summary of Position:
- Responsible for the Knowledge Management component of the program
- Spearheading the programs’ information dissemination and training activities to include preparing and facilitating presentations/workshops.
- Collecting and disseminating lessons learned, and share successes during client implementation.
- Responsible for collating, editing and finalizing program activity reports and success stories.
- Participate in team building and work planning activities.
- Work closely especially with the M&E professional, to ensure timely and consistent communication of program impact.
- Innovate and create multi-media messages of program successes, supervising consultants (where applicable). Other duties as requested by client or its partners, as needed.
This position is half-day (approximately 4 hours per day) from July 2012 to May 2013 and based in Woodmead, Johannesburg.
The successful applicant must be able to start immediately or as soon as possible.
A. Summary Key Performance Areas:
- Collect and disseminate lessons learned and best practices to stakeholders.
- Compile and analyse relevant activity data from partners.
- Collate, edit and/or write reports related to knowledge management activities.
- Collaborate to vet reports and success story narratives
- Work with the M&E professional to interpret and report on data,
- Plan and organize innovative methods to disseminate the program’s information. This may include written, video or internet methodologies.
- Participate in relationship management responsibilities with project officers and other relevant stakeholders
- Schedule meetings with consultants and stakeholders and arrange logistics as needed
- Design and maintain a multiple user platform for effective knowledge management.
- Writing of blog posts
- Create/innovate social media information dissemination platforms
- Prepare and facilitate presentations
B. Knowledge/ skills, and/or capacity:
- Essential to have knowledge of a variety of work ranges and research procedures
- Instrument development; collection of narrative program progress data
- Project management
- Thorough understanding of and familiarity with current knowledge management and social networking and other information sharing platforms
- Organization, self discipline, creativity
- Advanced computer skills; (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project and other miscellaneous software)
- Report writing skills emphasizing impact
- Formulating, editing of documents and reports
- Reasoning ability: (Persuasive, logical and deductive reasoning skills)
- Interpersonal skills (ability to lead, motivate colleagues and subordinates; conflict management skills; awareness and understanding or relationships)
- Minimum BA/BSC (Hons)
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years experience in an Communications position
Candidates to submit CV, cover letter, writing sample(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 July 2012.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.