Khululeka Grief Support
Khululeka Grief Support for children and youth is a nonprofit organisation dedicated to building the resilience of caregivers, children and youth by equipping them to process their personal experiences of bereavement and loss.
Khululeka Grief Support seeks to appoint a Programme Manager, based in Cape Town.
Starting date: 1 June 2013.
This is a part-time, one-year contract position.
- Programme planning and coordination - deliver a quality programme that is in line with Khululeka’s vision, mission and strategic direction, and that satisfies our clients/stakeholders and/or donors;
- Training - provide high quality training to child care workers and professionals on supporting bereaved children;
- Capacity building - ensure that contract trainers and facilitators are identified and supported to deliver high quality programmes;
- Programme development: Support the Director in extending and adapting Khululeka’s programme, ensuring that high quality programmes remain in line with Khululeka’s overall vision and mission;
- Networking - support the Director in networking within the child sector, the broader non-profit sector and government. Utilise the Khululeka website and social media platforms as networking tools;
- Administration - support the Director in ensuring smooth administration through the implementation of efficient systems.
- Tertiary level qualification (and higher) in a social service profession such as social work, psychology, or education;
- Five to ten years of experience in the child sector and good knowledge of current issues relating to children in South Africa;
- Good programme management experience;
- Trainer and facilitator experienced in; training people of different capacities, Training of Trainers, and in facilitating support groups with children;
- Experience in materials /tool development;
- Experience with working with different donors and stakeholders in the child sector;
- Clinical experience in working with children and families would be an advantage;
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office, email and internet;
- Excellent proficiency in English (speaking and writing) and either isiXhosa or Afrikaans;
- Driver’s license and own transport;
- Proficient in using social media.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a detailed CV
- motivation letter
- a list of referees
- brief salary history
Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. Thereafter, if you have not heard from us by 19 April 2013, assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Khululeka Grief Support, refer to www.khululeka.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.