Khululeka Grief Support
Khululeka Grief Support is a Cape Town based NGO focused on supporting bereaved children both directly, through grief and loss support groups, and indirectly, through child sector workshops. The organisation’s mission is to build the resilience of children, adolescents and their caregivers by equipping them with tools to process their experiences of loss and death. Through a holistic approach, it aims to create responsive and compassionate environments that enable grieving children to heal.
Khululeka Grief Support seeks to appoint a Programme Director, based in Cape Town.
This position is for someone who is passionate about the wellbeing of children and who is motivated to make a difference.
- Programme Management and Oversight: Ensure that the Khululeka Programme is well managed, by ensuring that proper planning, budgeting and monitoring systems are in place;
- Programme Planning and Coordination: Be responsible for the delivery of a quality programme that is in line with Khululeka’s vision, mission and strategic direction, and that satisfies our clients/stakeholders and/or donors;
- Programme Development: Extend and adapt Khululeka’s programme to ensure that high quality programmes remain in line with Khululeka’s overall vision and mission;
- Materials and Curriculum Development: Develop training materials and resources for professionals and para-professionals in the child sector;
- Training: Provide high quality training to professionals and para-professionals to support bereaved children and adolescents;
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Contribute towards the development of indicators, tools and M&E systems; and overseeing the implementation of M&E systems;
- Capacity Building and HR Management: Ensure that all Khululeka staff, including contract trainers, are supported to deliver high quality programmes;
- Networking: Support and assist the Director in networking within the child sector, the broader non-profit sector and government;
- Fundraising: Assist the Director to prepare and present proposals and manage and maintain funding relationships;
- Administration - Support the smooth administration through the implementation of efficient systems.
- Tertiary level qualification (a post graduate degree would be preferable) in a social service profession such as education, social work or psychology;
- Ten years’ of experience (preferable) in the child sector and an excellent knowledge of current issues relating to children and adolescents in South Africa;
- Five years or more experience in project and programme management;
- Five years or more experience in materials, curriculum and programme development;
- Five years or more experience in developing and implementing M&E systems;
- Trainer and facilitator experienced in training people of different capacities, Training of Trainers;
- Experience in facilitating support groups with children would be an advantage;
- Direct experience in working with children and families would be an advantage;
- Experience with working with different donors and stakeholders in the child sector.
- Excellent computer skills (email, internet, Microsoft Office);
- Excellent proficiency in English (speaking and writing);
- isiXhosa or Afrikaans would be an advantage;
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Detailed CV
- Motivation letter
- Two page sample from either a curriculum or training material that you have written
- Contact details of three referees
- Brief salary history
- copy of driver’s licence
Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. If you have not heard from us by 15 May 2015, assume that your application has not been successful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Khululeka, refer to www.khululeka.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.