Khululeka Grief Support
Khululeka Grief Support is a Cape Town based NGO focused on supporting bereaved children both directly, through grief and loss support groups, and indirectly, through child sector workshops. The organisation’s mission is to build the resilience of children, adolescents and their caregivers by equipping them with tools to process their experiences of loss and death. Through a holistic approach, it aims to create responsive and compassionate environments that enable grieving children to heal.
Khululeka Grief Support seeks to appoint an Office Administrator, based in Cape Town.
Starting date: 1 November or 1 December 2014.
- Manage meetings and workshop logistics and administration;
- Office administration : including procurement of office and catering supplies; management of service providers (office equipment, IT, maintenance, cleaning etc);
- Ensure that stock of workshop materials and stationary is well managed and correctly stored.
- Ensure that the specific stationary and materials required for workshops for the facilitator / trainer to collect
- Maintain the office calendar including programme and project activity and events dates;
- Manage travel arrangements including flights, airport shuttles, car hire, accommodation, meeting venues, and travel stipends;
- Circulate agendas timeously and take accurate minutes of meetings;
- Manage the front desk and telephone calls;
- Organise and manage the filing system for all documents;
- Petty cash;
- Training data collection and capturing;
- Courier and postage of documents;
- Manage social media platforms.
- Matric certificate;
- Relevant diploma or certificate in office administration
- Five to ten years work experience, preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Knowledge of second and third language; Afrikaans or isiXhosa will be an added advantage;
- Valid a driver’s licence and own vehicle;
- Good administrative skills
- Good computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good English communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills;
- Pleasant, kind and warm;
- Honest and reliable;
- Well organised and systematic;
- Able to work independently;
- Good team player;
- Good telephone manner.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three recent referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Khululeka Grief Support, refer to www.khululeka.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.