Khululeka Grief Support
Khululeka Grief Support is a Cape Town based NGO focused on supporting bereaved children both directly, through grief and loss support groups, and indirectly, through child sector workshops. The organisation’s mission is to build the resilience of children, adolescents and their caregivers by equipping them with tools to process their experiences of loss and death. Through a holistic approach, it aims to create responsive and compassionate environments that enable grieving children to heal.
Khululeka Grief Support seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Fieldworker, based in Cape Town.
Starting date: 23 March 2015. This is a one-year contract position.
- Gather qualitative data through interviews and home visits;
- Gather quantitative data through interviews and home visits;
- Organise the logistics of interviews and home visits;
- Data capturing;
- Fluent in English and Xhosa and Afrikaans;
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (using own transport arrangement or informal transport) in and around Cape Town disadvantaged communities;
- Work experience in the non-profit sector preferable;
- Good computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills;
- Pleasant, kind and warm;
- Honest and reliable
- Well organised and systematic;
- Able to work independently;
- Good team player;
- Good telephone manner.
To apply, submit the following to email@example.com:
- CV and three recent, contactable references
- Cover letter in three languages (English and isiXhosa and Afrikaans) *Write the letter in the language you are most comfortable with and then translate it into the other two.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Khululeka Grief Support, refer to www.khululeka.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.