Khanya College: Finance Officer
Monday, March 12, 2012 - 08:36
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Monday, March 19, 2012
Khanya College seeks to appoint a Finance Officer, based in Johannesburg.
- Record of all financial transactions using standard electronic accounting software;
- Control of purchasing cycle including preparation of cheques, payment of accounts and reconciliations;
- Control of income cycle including preparation of invoices, statements, collections and reconciliations;
- Maintenance of project-based accounting records;
- Maintain cash, creditor, debtor and payroll subsidiary ledgers;
- Record keeping and filing;
- Perform bank reconciliations;
- Maintenance of policies and procedures manual;
- Maintain asset register.
- Assist the Coordinator of Finance Department with preparation and provision of financial reports to the College & Programme Coordinating Team, The Finance Committee, The Board of Trustees, Programme Co-ordinators (project reports) and donors;
- Assistance with preparation of budgets and monitoring of budgets;
- Assist in development of systems, policies and procedures, particularly in relation to project budgets, funding and reporting, and ensure they are maintained;
- Assist programme employees with budgets and project reporting;
- Management of financial transactions, systems and reports for sister or associated organisations;
- As and when necessary supervise junior staff in the Finance Department.
- Payroll management and administration;
- Ensure statutory compliance;
- Maintain leave records;
- Maintain employee files.
- Manage petty cash and petty cash disbursements on a daily basis;
- Perform, check and approve Petty Cash reconciliation on a daily basis.
- Involvement in the marketing of the organisation;
- Travel in the course of duties from time to time and if necessary to make use of own vehicles for this purpose;
- Be available for out of town travel from time to time. This may take the form of local or international travel;
- Any other duties that may arise from time to time and may reasonably be expected from an employee in your position.
- Post matric professional training/qualification and three to five years experience of financial administration and/or management, preferably in donor funded or project based organisations;
- Understanding of financial administration and bookkeeping, especially in NGO environments;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office especially Excel and email;
- Ability to use electronic project based accounting/ bookkeeping systems (Quickbooks is preferred);
- Experience in budgeting and planning;
- Knowledge and experience with payroll administration and electronic payroll systems (e.g. VIP);
- Commitment to meticulous detail required in finance work;
- Ability to develop, maintain and review systems and procedures;
- Ability to interact appropriately and comfortably with senior and junior colleagues, donors and the public;
- Valid driver’s license will be an advantage.
Khanya College offers:
- Vibrant and progressive working environment;
- Working relationships with diverse communities and other NGOs, museums, and other community news organisations organisations, locally, regionally and internationally;
- Position with career development options into writing, organising for social justice, programme management work;
- Diverse exchange with the public and partnering stakeholders through a wide range of educational and activities and cooperation projects of the College.
Salary: R101 000 - R127 500 per annum, total cost to company depending on experience and skills. The College offers traditional benefits like medical aid, provident fund, and 13th month cheque.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Interviews will be held on 24 March 2012.
For more about Khanya College, refer to www.khanyacollege.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.