Kagiso Shanduka Trust
Shanduka Foundation and Kagiso Trust based in Johannesburg, Sandton have embarked on an exciting initiative aimed at improving education in a district in the Free State. This partnership will see both organisations contributing through their respective programmes; the Adopt-a-School Foundation and the Beyers Naude School Development Programme.
Kagiso Shanduka Foundation Trust seeks to appoint a Project Manager for Curriculum Delivery, based in Sasolburg and Bloemfontein.
This is a five-year contract position.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the implementation of the programmes/ projects in schools. Description of Tasks Site Visits;
- Manage the need analysis process;
- Induction to the school and other relevant stakeholders such as Department of Education Planning;
- Establish a database for relevant and best practice NGOs and institutions to implement the programmes;
- Identify the service provider to implement the intervention programme and propose them to the circuit manager for appointment;
- Set target baseline for the schools and service providers;
- Together with the school and service provider develop a program plan including dates and time for training (afternoons, Saturday or during school holidays);
- Involve the relevant subject advisor or department to ensure the intervention is in line with the DoE curriculum statements;
- Prepare data of OVCs in the school that do not receive grants and are without birth certificates and identify and involve government departments and NGO’s to assist Project execution;
- Induction of the School Management Team, School Governing Body, relevant stakeholders from Department of Education and service provider about the intervention programme;
- Ensure the school contract is completed and a detailed programme plan is submitted to all relevant stakeholders;
- Support school managing team and educators during development programmes;
- Motivate and encourage learners to participate in training and school-based support;
- Assist the service provider in organising venues, catering and sending invites for training Quality control;
- Monitor and measure the quality of the intervention programme using the monitoring tool;
- Measure expenditure against the budget;
- With assistance of the SMT solve challenges on commitment and attendance of educators and learners to the programme;
- Orders equipment and material relevant for the programme;
- Ensure that service provider issue certificates to the educators Project Management;
- Monitoring and evaluation of programme;
- Manage project budget utilisation;
- Maintain proper budget reports;
- Manage the delivery of projects according to project plan and base line targets;
- Review and update time plans if and when necessary Competencies;
- BA degree in education or Social science degree;
- Relevant experience in working schools, NGO’s, education sector and communities;
- Valid driver’s licence with driving experience. Skills Requirements;
- Computer literacy, excellent communication interpersonal, presentation and report writing skills;
- Knowledge of project planning and management;
- Previous experience in NGO sector with knowledge of education context that includes policies, systems, structures and curriculum;
- Understand developmental issues in the context of government policies specifically education.
Salary: competitive salary package will be negotiated, based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and contact details of three references, to Sisipho Moleshe at Sisipho.Moleshe@ksfoundation.co.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Kagiso Shanduka Foundation Trust, refer to www.kagiso.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.