Junior Achievement South Africa
Junior Achievement South Africa is a non-governmental organisation which facilitates experiential action learning entrepreneurial, financial literacy and workplace readiness programmes to youth around the country, in both rural and urban environments. Established in 1979, JA South Africa is affiliated to JA Worldwide (www.jaworldwide.org), one of the largest business education organisations in the world, operating in over 120 countries.
JA South Africa seeks to appoint a full time National Programmes Manager based in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working with a team of agents, programme coordinators and facilitators, the incumbent will be responsible for the successful delivery of the full programme portfolio around the country.
- Participating in and contributing to the strategic planning process for the organisation as a whole;
- Liaising with Managing Director to shape and/or understand programme requirements as related to relevant funder grant agreements;
- Liaising with funders as and when required to ensure funder requirements are met;
- Assisting with programme development and revision as required;
- Providing direction, support and guidance to and training of all programme coordinators, facilitators and agents to ensure successful programme implementation;
- Implementing and supporting programme quality control processes and systems;
- Participating in the relevant social media platforms to promote programme successes;
- Managing the entire process of programme implementation, including reporting, monitoring and evaluation, and maintenance of relevant statistics for reporting purposes;
- Managing of volunteer integration on programmes as required;
- Managing and control of all expenditures relating to programme implementation in consultation with the finance team .
- Post graduate degree in a study relevant to the position;
- Minimum of five years of experience, preferably in a youth enterprise development environment;
- Experience in working within the nonprofit sector;
- Excellent project management skills and experience;
- Be willing to travel across the country;
- Experience in managing a team for effective results;
- Excellent verbal and report writing skills in English;
- Ability to multi-task, organise and pay attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Office;
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s licence.
- Good leadership qualities;
- Methodical and organised;
- Problem solving abilities;
- Ability to prioritise and manage a number of projects simultaneously;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Confident in communication with people across all sectors of society;
- Willingness to work beyond official working times if required.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter detailing your interest in and suitability for the position to Ms Linda McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 011 331 0278.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend an interview.
For more about the Junior Achievement South Africa, visit www.jasa.org.za