Junior Achievement South Africa
Junior Achievement South Africa is a non-governmental organisation which facilitates experiential action learning entrepreneurial, financial literacy and workplace readiness programmes to youth around the country, in both rural and urban environments. Established in 1979, JA South Africa is affiliated to JA Worldwide (www.jaworldwide.org), one of the largest business education organisations in the world, operating in over 120 countries.
JA South Africa seeks to appoint a full time Marketing and Communications Manager based in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic communications plan with the Marketing Sub-Committee and of the JA South Africa Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, which includes the advertising and press campaigns, and all the internal tools of communication (brochures, annual reports, newsletter, web site, social media, corporate gifts, etc). The incumbent will also be responsible for managing the stakeholder database and all internal and public events.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director and Marketing Sub-Committee of the Board develops the marketing and communications strategy of the organisation;
- In conjunction with the MD develops the operational plan for implementation of the communications strategy and implements same;
- Maintains a good relationship with all internal parties to ensure full knowledge of the operations of the organisation to ensure effective implementation of the communications operational plan;
- Assists all staff in marketing and communications processes, specifically as they relate to programme activities;
- Develops a budget for all communication and special events at the end of each year for the next year, in partnership with the Financial Director, and manages same throughout the year;
- Contributes and supports key stakeholder relationships with different media to assure the appropriate communication of JA South Africa;
- Writes and issues press releases or media statements once a month and whenever required at other times;
- Ensures that all media coverage/communications as required by a funder are actioned;
- Develops all internal and external communication requirements and publications as per the communications strategy;
- Liaises if required with external suppliers for design and printing and distributes all such material in accordance with the operational plan;
- Manages the entire process of content, design, printing and distribution of the Annual Report in conjunction with external designers and suppliers;
- Manages and quality controls the stakeholder database to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness;
- Develops a communication plan specifically for social media and manages all social media processes and tools;
- Maintains and updates the website on a weekly basis, ensuring brand consistency, vibrancy and relevance;
- Sources and manages the stock of any corporate gifts;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
- Post matric qualification (degree or diploma) in marketing and communications
- At least 5 years marketing and communication experience at a senior level
- A high level of computer literacy
- Good communication and marketing skills
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Media knowledge and experience of working with media
- Knowledge and experience working across all aspects of social media
- Knowledge and experience of website design and development
- A professional attitude and approach
- Self-motivated and articulate
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- Ability to form strong external relationships
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter detailing your interest in and suitability for the position to Ms Linda McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 011 331 0278.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend an interview.
For more about the Junior Achievement South Africa, visit www.jasa.org.za